I’m a Trinity CertTESOL qualified English language teacher with over 8 years experience. I can help you learn or improve your English, for business or social purposes, from beginner to advanced level.
In particular I can help you with:
* Speaking, Reading, Writing and Listening
* English for specific areas (eg engineering, law, medicine)
* Academic writing (essays, theses etc)
* Seminar participation
* Note-taking skills (eg for lectures)
* Interview preparation
OTHER SERVICES OFFERED
Editing Proofreading Article/newsletter writing
I have taught group and 1-1 lessons at English language schools and at home. I aim to make my lessons fun, challenging and interactive, so my students leave each lesson feeling that they have achieved something.
The content of the lessons comes mainly from the student and is always based on the student’s needs. As a result, there is always a wide range of topics which we can look at in each lesson. Lessons can be either 1-1 or groups, at my home or at the student’s office / home. If you are not able to do lessons face-to-face,
I also offer online lessons via Skype. My lesson prices are competitive and are given below: £15 per hour (on Skype) £20 per hour (in person) Lesson times and length are flexible and suit the student’s requirements.
Here are some comments from my students: 1. Benoit Mansuy Date of feedback: 26 October 2014 Company: ArcelorMittal “Hi Mark. First of all, I would like to thank you again for that great week spent in Portsmouth. I really enjoyed that way of working, that way of teaching. I came back to France on Friday and I’m convinced that my English improved during that stay. Even if one week remains too short to realize huge improvement. Anyway, I’m trying to follow your advice and I’ve podcasted many ‘6 minutes’ on BBC. Iread a lot of English texts as well. Hope to keep that motivation. Thanks and have a nice week, Benoit (Ben)
2. Geraldine Gillot Date of feedback: 12 June 2015 Company: Renault Trucks (Volvo) “Thanks a lot for my teachers. And a particularly thank to Mark B [myself], because it’s the first time present, future, past.” 3. Pavel Hadrava Date of feedback: 19 June 2015 Company: Coal mining company based in Czech Republic. “Very good teachers, Mark W especially.” 4. Patrick Jaenicke Date of feedback: 14 August 2015 Company: Bayer AG “It was a pleasure to learn and practice my English. It was a very good mixture of all teaching part and equipment Mark have chosen.” 5. Thomas Adam Date of feedback: 31 July 2015 Company: Bayer AG “Mark is a wonderful teacher; he is well-experienced and trained and I like the way of teaching. Books and materials better than the year before!”
Willing to travel: 20 miles
June 2016 - present Freelance online business English tutor LSI Portsmouth May 2014 – June 2016 Business and general English teaching, covering: Meetings Presentations Email/report/technical document writing Negotiations Telephoning and videoconferencing Professional Language Solutions Mar 2013 – May 2014 In-house corporate business English training. Surrey Language Centre Oct 2012 – May 2014 Business and general English: General English teacher, young adults. One-to-one tutoring with private clients - general and business English.
London Languages Mar 2012 – May 2014 One-to-one tutoring - general and business English. Improve your English International Feb 2013 - Oct 2013 Helped to launch a language school by: researching / designing course materials drafting lesson plans creating / editing publicity material advising on school marketing strategy Anglo European School of English July 2012 – Aug 2012 Summer school general English teacher, young adults. VUS (Vietnam US Society) Sept 2009 – Jan 2012 General English teacher, 5-18 year olds / adults. ILA Vietnam Jan 2008 - July 2009 General English teacher, 6-18 year olds. Lawrence Ting School, Vietnam June 2008 - July 2008 Summer school general English teacher, 13-18 year olds.