Hello; my name is Rachel and I have a Bachelor of Science with Honours Degree. I am an experienced Tutor and tailor lessons to your individual pace and requirements, adding an appropriate sprinkling of levity so learning becomes easy and enjoyable.
Availability: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Willing to travel: 5 miles
I have a Bachelor of Science with Honours Degree specialising in Computer Science. I am an experienced Tutor and tailor all my lessons to your individual needs, working at a pace that allows you to meet goals and deadlines comfortably and with an appropriate sprinkling of levity, so learning becomes easy and enjoyable rather than a difficult chore.
I work with students who are Primary, Secondary, A-level, Degree, and Masters Level as well as adults wishing to learn a subject for non-academic reasons such as improving their job prospects of performance. I started tutoring in 2010 and provided Academic and Computer Science tutoring throughout my four years of college and University as I earned my Bachelors Degree, as the average result of my student’s 74/A/Distinction and Above (A+).
I specialise in Academic Assignment Support for all subjects and teaching Computer Science Subjects for both Academic and Work-Based Requirements. Furthermore, I am particularly good at “Crunch Time” emergency deadline support, calmly and efficiently helping you to fulfil assignment criteria when there are just a few hours to spare.
In addition to my Bachelors Degree, I also have Qualifications in English Literature, English Language, English History, Academic Research Skills, Psychology and more, hard copies of which will be presented to you during our first meeting.
The full list of my Academic Qualifications is as follows:
• Kingston University (London): Bachelor of Science with Honours Degree (Level 6) Computer Science - Grade: 2:1
• Pearson BTEC (U.K): Higher National Diploma (Level 5) in Computing and Systems Development - Grade: Overall Distinction (with a maximum 8 out of 8 Distinctions earned)
• Pearson BTEC (U.K): Higher National Certificate (Level 4) in Computing and Systems Development - Grade: Overall Merit (4 Distinctions and 4 Merits)
• Higher Education Award: Outstanding Performance Award Nomination (Level 4)
• OCN (Open College Network, London): English Language (Level 3) -Grade: (On a credit award Pass/Fail System) Pass
• OCN (Open College Network, London): English Literature (Level 3) - Grade: (On a credit award Pass/Fail System) Pass
• OCN (Open College Network, London): English History (Level 3) - Grade: (On a credit award Pass/Fail System) Pass
• OCN (Open College Network, London): Essay Writing (Level 3) - Grade: (On a credit award Pass/Fail System) Pass
• OCN (Open College Network, London): Research and Study Skills (Level 3) - Grade: (On a credit award Pass/Fail System) Pass
• OCN (Open College Network, London): Psychology (Level 3) - Grade: (On a credit award Pass/Fail System) Pass
• RSA (Royal Society of Arts, London): NVQ (Level 2) in Information Technology and Business Administration
- Grade: Pass with Distinction My Tutoring Approach I meet with you in a relaxed atmosphere at a mutually agreed location, and after presenting my credentials, I analyse your requirements based on the details you provide to your course, modules, assignments, and learning goals.
I then create a bespoke lesson structure for your particular needs and work with you to achieve your goals at your pace while ensuring that all your work is completed to a high standard and submitted within deadlines. I teach both the required and extended learning necessary for the following subjects in the context of Academic Assignments, Computer Science, and Work-based Knowledge Requirements.
The full list of the Tuition services I offer are as follows:
• Study Skills
• Online Research Skills
• Fulfilling Assignment Criteria
• Assignment Structure
• Academic English
• Academic Writing
• Academic Referencing
• Academic Presentation
• Discursive and Creative Writing
• I.T consultancy, Entrepreneurship, and Project Management (Agile, Kanban, DMAICA, Spiral, Lean, Critical Path)
• Systems Analysis and Development (DSDM Agile, JAD, LD, SDLC) • Relational Database Normalisation, Schema, Implementation, Administration, SQL, Data Analysis (Microsoft Excel, Access, and Visual Studio, Off and Online Database Tools)
• SQL Execution and Reporting with Graphical Data Representation (Microsoft Access, Off and Online Database Tools)
• Business Analytics (SQL, Graphical Reporting)
• UML, Wire-framing, Prototyping, and UX Design (Star UML, Axure, Visual Studio, PowerPoint)
• Information Systems (Intranet, Decision Support System, Management IS, Executive IS)
• E-commerce Marketing Strategies and Implementation (CRM, Social Media, Trend Analysis) Academic Formula I work to the tried and tested Academic formula of:
• Presenting an Academic Abstract to explain the reason for the research, the problem statement, the methodologies or literature used, the findings or results, and the implications and present or future applications of findings or results
• Introducing a subject, explaining the meaning of the topic and why the particular subject matter has been chosen for discussion.
• Evaluating the chosen subject using Peer reviewed academic journals to support evaluative arguments
• Utilising appropriate cited Diagrams, Graphs, and Images to support your Academic Evaluation
• Concluding with Academic Citations to support your findings and overall conclusion
• Creating work of a high Academic standard with a cohesive format, clear, concise arguments, and an emphasis on linking work together throughout a module to consistently achieve high marks
The approach detailed above is exactly what Teachers, Second Markers, and Examiners expect to see and the formula upon which they mark your work.
My understanding of this formula and dedication to this academic approach and my research, study, and English skills have allowed me to provide excellent tuition services regardless of subject First Meeting For the safety and convenience of all parties I always conduct a first time meeting in an open forum of your choice, such as a local Library, Coffee House, or Eatery (Costa, Nero, Starbucks, Prêt-a-Manger, etc.) at a time that is mutually convenient.
The meeting should last approximately Twenty minutes; I will present you with my Identification (Driver's License) and hard copies of my DBS and Academic Qualification Certificates, and you will not be charged until you are satisfied with my credentials and agree to start the lesson. after which we can discuss the help you require to detail.
I will then create a personalised lesson structure, and we can get started straight away! Please note that I will need to know the age, institution, courses, and modules of anyone I Tutor.
It is also important you bring any relevant module information, assignment briefs, and coursework to the meeting. For your convenience, you can show this to me on a Smartphone or tablet via an online portal such as Blackboard, or you can bring paper documents, or a combination of things you deem relevant in the format and manner you prefer.
The important thing is for you to bring as much useful information as possible; this is necessary to apprise me of your specific requirements and maximise the efficacy of the bespoke lesson plan I will create for you. If you have any assignments with fast-approaching deadlines that you require immediate help with please inform me at the meeting so I can prioritise working on the assignment with you to ensure it is completed to a high standard and submitted on time! I
f you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.