Cambridge Graduate specialising in Oxbridge Admissions ***PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO HIGH DEMAND I NOW TUTOR EXCLUSIVELY VIA SKYPE***
I am a full-time freelance private tutor with over 1000 hours of experience and an Engineering (Aerospace) graduate (BA & MEng) of the University of Cambridge (Pembroke College).
Moreover, I am a full member of The Tutors' Association, a governing body that protects the professional integrity of the industry. Throughout university, I was an Undergraduate Scholar of The Institution of Civil Engineers, The Institution of Mechanical Engineers and The Society for Underwater Technology.
I am passionate about education and feel I have the creativity, patience, experience and pedagogical knowledge to deliver a high quality tutoring service to a wide range of age groups and abilities. My main subjects are Maths, Physics, Economics and Chemistry, which I tutor to all school levels (A-level, IB, GCSE, IGCSE etc.), 11+, 13+ and 16+. Additionally, I tutor Engineering, Maths, Physics and Economics to undergraduate level on a case by case basis.
Moreover, I have experience supporting successful applications to Oxbridge for courses such as Engineering, Natural Sciences, Physics, Economics and Computer Science. My success rate for Cambridge is twice the national average and 100% for Oxford and Imperial College London.
In my capacity as an educational consultant at Oxbridge Applications, I am in a unique position to offer advice and guidance to pupils regarding funding for university courses, finding internships and demystifying the process of applying to British Universities (especially Oxford and Cambridge).
Moreover, I tutor and consult for 19 leading London firms with global reach, in addition to Tutorfair. This has allowed me to gain much experience of the 'virtual learning environment' (Skype tuition, Scribblar etc.), over 300 hours to be exact.
This learning style encourages students to develop their communicative skills, as they must defend their solutions verbally, rather than rely on the tutor to infer from their writing. Over the next few years, I expect to see a shift towards Skype-based tuition and away from conventional 'face-to-face' tuition, thus minimising cost and optimising the time of tutor and student.
It is my belief that the most important quality a tutor must possess is an appreciation of the individual requirements, needs and aptitudes of each of their pupils.
Furthermore, I ensure that I identify and develop the natural learning style of each of my students, enabling them to achieve their intellectual potential. This is supported by marking of past papers, notes on exam strategy, and the regular setting of homework.
Additionally, I submit a comprehensive written report to both student and parents after each session. Moreover, I have an excellent academic record (I achieved 97% in Physics A-Level, 94% in Maths and the top Further Maths mark in my school) and undertook professional internships at a variety of international firms throughout my university career. Professionalism and reliability are the backbone of my service.
I have held numerous positions of responsibility including that of CAMbassador (university access officer) and University Collegiate Tennis Captain. Away from academics, my main interests include racket sports (tennis, badminton, squash etc.), sailing and technology.
Availability: Full time educational consultant and private tutor (availability weekdays, weekends and evenings).
Willing to travel: 50 miles
Oct 2012 – present: Oxbridge Applications: Educational Consultant & Tutor:
• Designed and delivered the "School of Ideas" Engineering masterclass (including writing workbooks), aimed at Y11 and Y12 pupils preparing to apply to Oxbridge.
• The masterclass consists of three distinct sessions: Underlying Theory, Design and The Wider Context, enabling the students to be pushed intellectually in the conventional sense, work in professional teams to win a fictional contract for the design of the spoilers of an F1 car, and finally appreciate the inseparable issue of ethics in engineering, all skills that form the basis of a stellar Oxbridge Engineering application.
• Candidates consistently rate the masterclass as ‘excellent’.
• Designed and conducted multiple mock interviews and group tutoring seminars across the country since October 2012. Jan 2011 – Jun 2013: University of Cambridge Admissions Office: CAMbassador (university access & outreach officer):
• Worked with school pupils from socio-economically deprived schools as they participated in access activities at Cambridge (such as the popular ‘CSI: Cambridge’ event), giving them a taste of high-level academics.
• Contributed to presentations on successful applications delivered to audiences of hundreds.
• Regularly attended the Edinburgh ‘Oxford & Cambridge Student Conference’ in an official capacity, advising Scotland’s most promising pupils on course choice, academic requirements and choice of college at Cambridge, as well as dispelling or clarifying myths surrounding the application process.