I am an experienced science and mathematics teacher with an understanding of the current science curriculum and the challenges to teach KS3 and GCSE, and A-Level Chemistry
Willing to travel: 4 miles
Teacher of Science, Maths and ICT
• Planning and teaching KS3 and IGCSE Science, and Functional Skills Maths and ICT.
• Setting high expectations which inspire and challenge pupils of all backgrounds, abilities and dispositions.
• Making use of formative and summative assessment to secure pupils’ progress
• Being reflective in critically evaluating the effectiveness of lessons and approaches to teaching
• Planning and teaching KS3, KS4 and AS Chemistry through differentiated teaching strategies.
• Setting appropriately challenging tasks and homework to enable pupils to make progress.
• Promoting positive classroom climate using school’s behaviour policy.
• Developing effective professional relationships with colleagues in order to draw on advice and specialist support when necessary.
• Tutoring Functional Skills Maths Levels 1-2 and ICT
• Delivering BTEC in Work Skills, and Retail Knowledge
• Interviewing prospective learners and filling out ILRs.
Haringey Sixth Form Centre (Jan. 2009 – Nov.2012)
• Tutoring GCSE and AS-level Biology, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
• Providing a complementary service to all staff in order to help students overcome barriers to learning and promote achievement for all students.
• Supporting students in their learning and their use of e-learning for research, learning and assignment templates.
Newlon Fusion (Nov.2012-Feb. 2013)
Training Tutor/Neighbourhood Team Leader
• Setting up educational workshops in different communities, tutoring and training young people and the elderly for Key Skills.
• Delivering innovative and motivational employability workshops to diverse groups
• Research, make, update and renew contacts/links with colleges and local businesses
• Manage new referral by arranging initial interviews