Professional and Academic Experience: External Auditor and Consultant specialized in SMEs (2002 - to date) Lecturer in Accounting (auditing; financial accounting and reporting; cost and management accounting; international accounting) at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels (2007 – to date) Executive Education: ISAs, GAAPs and IASs and consolidation (2008 – to date) Researcher in the Airport Industry (operational management based on lineal programming efficiency models) (2008 – to date) Qualifications:
• Business and Administration Degree: Accounting & Finance B.A. (September 1993-September 1998) Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona.
• Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (September 2011-June 2012) Award of Supporting Student Learning (January 2010-June 2011) Keel University.
• Fellowship Award of the Higher Education Academy (June 2013) Exeter University.
• Masters in Scientific Research 1 (an essential part of my PhD). Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona. My research dissertation addressed efficiency and the productivity models that are applied to small and medium companies in the steel sector.
• Candidate Senior Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy (October 2015) London School of Economics and Political Science.
• Ph.D. candidate in Entrepreneurship and Management (February 2016) Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona.
• Computers: Microsoft Excel; statistical software (SAS; SPSS; STATA); DEA & EMS software (Data Envelopment Analysis & Efficiency Measurement System); Microsoft Project; Internet, and others (Accounting software: Conta-plus, Golden; Power Point; Prezi, etc.)
• Senior typist
• Excellent communication and interaction skills.
Good team coordinator and motivator, in-house teacher and team-leader. Efficient and punctual. Extremely flexible regarding different tasks rising without being predicted in order to meet last minute deadlines.
Availability: Flexibility. I will be working on my research (Ph.D. based on publications) during the next nine months.
Willing to travel: 4 miles
• London School of Economics and Political Science (September 2014 - to date) Guest teacher in Accounting at undergraduate and postgraduate (MSc in Management & Economics)
• University of Liverpool-Laureate Online Education Lecturer in Management Masters (online) (Advanced International Financial Reporting and Analysis) (December 2014 - to date)
• Supervisor of Masters Dissertations (PG in Accounting and Finance)
• External Examiner in Accounting and Finance Programmes (Section B.7. of the UK Quality Assurance Agency´s Quality Code of Higher Education) University of Wales – ESCOEX (partnership) (October 2015-October 2018) BA (Hons) in Business and Finance De Monfort University (November 2015-November 2019) MSc Accounting and Finance Programmes Previous Positions in Higher Education
• Portsmouth Business School (September 2013-September 2014, Portsmouth) Lecturer in financial accounting modules in a full accredited degree in Accounting and Finance: Supervisor of dissertations in Accounting; personal and placement tutor.
• Exeter Business School (September 2012 –August 2013, Exeter) Lecturer in financial accounting modules (Accounting and Finance degree fully accredited) and personal tutor.
• Keele Management School (December 2010 – August 2012, Keele) Teaching Fellow in Accounting: Lecturer and module leader of a range of accounting modules; supervisor of dissertations in Accounting. Coordinator and supervisor of the Accounting programme at the KDU International Partnership (Malaysia). Coordinator and supervisor of Erasmus exchange scheme in the Accounting Department.
• Universitat Ramon Llull (January 2010 - June 2010, Barcelona) Associate Lecturer in Economics on a specialist Audiovisual Media Degree
• Universitat Pompeu Fabra (July 2007 – September 2009, Barcelona) Associate Lecturer in Business and Administration Degree & Human Resources Degree Executive education
• SM & Associats Ltd. (May 2014 – June 2014, Barcelona) Professional training courses delivered to external junior auditors
• SM & Associats Ltd. (September 2009 – December 2009, Barcelona) Professional courses delivered to external auditors
• Escola Universitària de Terrassa (October 2009, Barcelona) Various modules and courses on financial analysis techniques, tax and accounting delivered to executives from various professional backgrounds
• Faura-Casas Auditors Consultors Ltd. (April 2009, Barcelona) Professional course delivered to external auditors
• Hospital de Sant Pau (July 2008 – December 2008, Barcelona) Lecturer in financial and management accounting modules delivered to non-specialist professionals
• Escola Lliure el Sol (January 2008, Barcelona) Professional course delivered to managers of nonprofit organizations