Rates range from: £20.00 to £40.00 per hour
Adult Learner: £30.00 per hour
Adviser: £40.00 per hour
Consultant: £40.00 per hour
Enthusiast: £20.00 per hour
Guide: £20.00 per hour
Helper: £20.00 per hour
Lecturer: £40.00 per hour
Mentor: £20.00 per hour
Trainer: £30.00 per hour
I offer a range of courses to meet individual needs and objectives worldwide:
1. Long-term courses such as my 'Mixed Course' which includes everyday topics and business topics for young professionals focusing on reading, listening and speaking skills, grammar and vocabulary and pronunciation [optional]. This is ideal for people living in a non-English speaking country who might use English for work and want to maintain and keep up their English with professional guidance.
2. Long-term courses for 'General English' which includes a mixture of the following depending on individual needs: reading,writing, listening and speaking skills based on everyday topics, grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation.
3. Long-term and short-term business courses for law and psychology professionals who want to take exams.
4. Long-term and short-term courses for people moving to an English speaking country.
5. Short-term courses for those wanting to have a 'travel survival kit'.
6. Short-term courses for support during exam preparation.
7. Short-term courses for interview preparation.
8. Short and long term courses for young learners, primary and secondary/high school children to support school curricula. All courses include additional online resources.
Availability: I am available from 9am to 4pm Tuesdays to Saturdays
Willing to travel: Home Only Tutoring Experience:
I have been an EFL tutor online for 3 years now and have experience as an EFL class teacher before then teaching in the UK and South Korea.
University of Cambridge (2008)-
QTS from the University of Cambridge.
University of Natal (2001)-
English and History
Major/Minor Honours from the University of Natal.
Name of the person who provided this testimonial: Dr Fernando
Christina tutored me for almost a year when I was interested in developing and improving my general language skills. Before that, I 'd had a very informal and messy English education which made me proficient in reading but I wasn't equally proficient in keeping a conversation in English. Christina was definitely capable of conducting a course in which she took my already developed reading skills to make me improve my writing and speaking skills. This course allowed me to accomplish part of my PhD in Germany, in an English speaking department. Now, Christina is helping me to improve my writing at an advanced level, since I want to write, in the closest way possible, to a native English speaker. I completely trust her teaching and I would recommend her without any reservation.
Name of the person who provided this testimonial: Jennifer
I have known Christina for more than two years and I don’t exaggerate when I’m saying that she is the best English teacher I have ever met. With her excellent English teaching skills it is easy to follow her explanations and her pleasant way to communicate makes it easy to enjoy the lessons. She is also a really intelligent person, I can always come to her with totally different questions or problems, but she always knows a solution or can recommend something. Christina is more than capable to explain basic English skills but she can also discuss sophisticated topics. For example, as part of my studies, I had to do the LCCI examination. I asked Christina to do some exercises with me for preparation. In our next lesson she showed me a lot of resources she had found for this specific examination after I had asked her. Like every time, she was perfectly prepared for our lessons, prepared me for the examination in a very structured way and she always had good time management. She is also not a standard English teacher, who only does her job “teaching”, she is, in that case, also like a mother, who has the needs and deadlines of her students in her mind and therefore she had prepared me for the examination as well as it could be possible. She always motivated me when I became exasperated and she always told me that I will pass the examination and eventually I have passed it – with distinction. I’m deeply grateful for her support and her motivation – otherwise I wouldn’t have accomplished it.
Last but not least I want to give thanks to her for always doing the best with time organisation when I write to her spontaneously because I needed help for English topics for my studies. This is like Christmas: annually it comes suddenly. She always does her best when my mismanagement has caught up with me.
I’m truly grateful to know Christina – my teacher, friend and motivation :-)
DBS (CRB) Check: Yes
Has References: Yes
Will Tutor Online: Yes